20061207

Beef is gettin' real old, keep it to your damn self

What’s Beef? A good way to get your name in the news.

No, this isn’t a brand new topic, but I have jack shit to write about today, and in all honesty this rap beef shit is getting old. Ever since 50 cent's beef with Ja Rule fueled his album to sell millions of records, it seems the only hip-hop news I ever get to read about anymore is who is beefing with who. This guy said this, and then dude made a diss track, then other boy popped off on the radio, blah blah fucking blah. I’m not saying I wish all rappers would band together and embrace each other in hugs of unity…I just wish that these rappers were more focused on making good music and less focused on talking shit to get attention, and seem like they are hard.

Yesterday, I get on SOHH, and the headlining article is about how Lil’ Wayne thinks he is the best in the game now. I have no problem with Wayne saying he’s the best, just like I have no problem with T.I. calling himself the King of the South. If I was rappin I’d probably say that I was the greatest rapper to ever walk the face of the earth, the king of the world, and the best thing to happen since sliced bread (and lets face it...if I was rapping...all these things would be true haha). Dudes that say they are the king of this and that, or the best to ever do it, are just bein confident and tryin to motivate themselves, and other rappers, to prove they're sicker on the mic. It’s all good. Now, what is not good is what Weezy said after that.

LIL WAYNE THIS ONE.jpg


He went on a fuckin’ rant spitting on Jay-Z, Young Buck, Clipse, and Pharrell. Clipse and Pharrell? What the fuck are you beefing with them about? Because you both like the same goddamn brand? And were you not wearing a Billionaire Boys Club (Pharrell’s own line of clothing) T-shirt in Bobby Valentino's "Tell Me" video? I mean it’s like Nas said in the latest pulse report, “It’s easy to sell records if I diss you. Who can sell records on love?” And I’m going to take the liberty of interpreting that last word “love” to mean love of the game and of the music rather than your hatred and problems with others.

On another stupid ass beef note, somebody tell me why Jay-Z takes time out of his day to respond to Jim Jones? Is "We Fly High" a big hit? Yeah, but these cats are not even close to being on the same level. Jay-Z is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and runs an empire, so why is he wasting our time with diss tracks? Nobody that matters honestly thinks Jim Jones and Dipset have your fucking number Jay…let it go.

Lastly, to come full circle and put this in perspective to us down here in Houston, I’m glad I’m not reading about beefs from our city. Everything in the H seems pretty chill. I mean I’m sure a lot of cats still don’t like each other, but shit I haven’t heard a diss record from a major Houston artist in like a fuckin year. I’m glad Chamillionaire is making the news for the free release of Mixtape Messiah II. And even though I lack some respect for guys like Mike Jones and Paul Wall, I would rather hear a new joint from them with the same corny lines about the same old shit than see them on a SOHH report about who they have shit with (Mike and Paul are hopefully smart enough to know they’d get wrecked if they beefed with even a four-year-old white girl). It’s just fuckin sad that a rapper like Lil’ Wayne, who I used to respect overall and enjoy his music for the most part, comes out popping off like his shit don’t stink. “It’s not your house anymore…I’m better than you.” What? Who the fuck says some shit like that? I can see it now…mixtapes and underground tracks being dropped for all the dumb “beef” this is gonna start. I just lost a lot of respect for the dude. I know this ain’t exactly the most prevalent topic in relation to Houston hip-hop, but I just wanted to give my input on how stupid the whole beef thing is. You mother fuckers are grown ass men making hundreds of thousands of dollars (or millions) to do something you love (I’m assuming the love part). Drop your sack, man up, and move the fuck on. Anyone who respects you more for shitting all over another man who didn’t do a damn thing to you isn’t a real hip-hop fan anyway.


taken with illicit respect from sohh.com. bust a move, bitch.

No comments: